Embroidery is considered an art that consists of making ornamental motifs in relief on garments, fabrics or leathers with the purpose of decorating them.
If you’re passionate about creating these incredible reasons or if your job requires you to perform lots of embroideries, you can surely be looking for the best embroidery machine for home business that brings built enough features to make your work more simple to elaborate.
Under a study carried out according to machines acquired by users and expert opinions, a Top 10 has been chosen, which includes embroidery machines.
It’s very important, that the one you select will depend on your tastes and needs, but if you’re interested we invite you to continue seeing those that I have considered as a good acquisition for you, we assure you that with this guide you can choose the Best Embroidery Machine for home use.
Table of Contents
- Top 8 Embroidery Machines for Home Business Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
- 1. Brother SE1900 Computerized Embroidery Machine- Best for Home Business
- 2. SINGER Legacy SE300 Portable Sewing and Embroidery Machine- 3 LED Light Top Rated
- 3. Brother SE600 Computerized Embroidery Machine- Perfect for Small Home Business
- 4. Brother SE400 Combination Sewing Machine- Commercial
- 5. Brother PE800 5×7 Embroidery Machine
- 6. EverSewn Sparrow X- Next-Generation Machine
- 7. Brother PE550D Disney Edition Embroidery Machine- Professional
- 8. Brother LB5000M Marvel Edition Sewing Machine
- Tips for Choosing The Best Embroidery Machine
- Buying Guide When Buying a Embroidery Machine
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):
Here’s Our Top 4 Picks
- Brother SE1900 Computerized Embroidery Machine
- SINGER Legacy SE300 Portable Sewing & Embroidery Machine
- Brother SE600 Computerized Embroidery Machine
- Brother SE400 Combination Sewing Machine
Top 8 Embroidery Machines for Home Business Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
1. Brother SE1900 Computerized Embroidery Machine- Best for Home Business
If you’re a small business owner or you’re just starting your embroidery business then Brother SE1900 can be an ideal option for you.
This is the most popular sewing and embroidery machine in the USA. It can blow your mind with its all specifications and functions. This Brother SE1900 is an upgrade version of Brother SE1800.
The Brother SE1900 comes with a larger embroidery area of 5″ X 7″, so you can do any large area of work here. Also, it comes with 138 built-in embroidery designs, 11 fonts for monogramming.
It comes with 240 built-in sewing stitches including 10 styles of auto-size buttonholes to do the embroidery work fast.
The best thing this machine has is its 3.2 inches colorful display. You can preview your design and can browse the editing option on it. This machine also has a USB port to import designs with a Pendrive. So, if you want to do your creativity there’s no problem.
2. SINGER Legacy SE300 Portable Sewing and Embroidery Machine- 3 LED Light Top Rated
The Singer Legacy SE300 is a portable embroidery machine from the Singer brand. This machine is easy to use and comfortable. It’s a suitable embroidery machine for a new worker. The Legacy SE300 has an extra-large area for embroidery work. The size of the area is 7.7 inches x 8 inches. It also includes 2 both large embroidery hoop and a small embroidery hoop.
It has a built-in needle threader that is automatic and takes only 6 seconds to thread the full machine. It saves a lot of time.
This machine comes with 250 built-in stitches, 200 embroidery designs, 6 alphabet options to work with. If this is not enough for you then it also has a USB port for you to import your own creativity and design on it.
You can select and adjust your embroidery and sewing from the LCD touch screen it has. Singer also offers a free online class to learn how to use this machine.
3. Brother SE600 Computerized Embroidery Machine- Perfect for Small Home Business
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly embroidery machine than the Brother SE600 can be a good option for you.
It’s one of the best lower budget embroidery machines that will meet all the requirements. The Brother SE600 comes with a large color LCD touch display. In the screen, you can preview the embroidery design, you change the color of the design from the built-in color pallets.
It also comes with 80 embroidery designs, 103 built-in sewing stitches. The work area of this machine is only 4 x 4 inches. It not a large area and not also a small area. But it has a bright LED light in the area to light up the place if you work in the night.
It has the functionality of an auto needle threader that will save you a lot of time. It has 6 Embroidery lettering fonts built-in. The embroidery and sewing machine for advanced users also has a USB port to import embroidery designs on it.
4. Brother SE400 Combination Sewing Machine- Commercial
The Brother SE400 is an embroidery machine with all the features that will help you to complete your projects in a short time. You can connect this machine to your computer and update its software.
This machine comes with 4×4 inches work area for embroidery. But for the price of the machine the area is not large enough. It also comes with 67 built-in stitches, 70 built-in designs, 5 lettering fonts for your work.
But it doesn’t have any USB port to import designs with your Pendrive. In order to import designs on it, you have to connect it with your computer.
The Brother SE400 comes with a touch screen LCD that has a backlight. In the display, you can preview the embroidery designs and can edit the designs as you want.
This machine also has an auto needle threading feature to make your work easier and time saver. The workspace has a bright LED light to make your working easy at night time.
5. Brother PE800 5×7 Embroidery Machine
Brother PE800 is a great embroidery machine for business and start-up businesses.
It has a simple but beautiful design and looks. It has most of the features like other Brother embroidery machines. This machine comes with a 3.2 inch large LCD color touch screen. You can preview your embroidery designs here before stitching.
You can also change the colors of the designs from built-in color pallets. The machine comes with 138 embroidery designs built-in. Also, you can imports designs of your own also by the USB port it has.
This Brother PE800 comes with a 5″x7″ embroidery field that gives you a large space to work with. The workspace also has a LED light to give you a bright space while working.
It has 11 built-in fonts on it, 7 English, 3 Japanese, and 1 Cyrillic font styles to give you more options to work with. They give 14 stichs designs in this machine. You’ll also have auto needle threading on it. These embroidery and sewing machines even perfect for beginners.
6. EverSewn Sparrow X- Next-Generation Machine
This next-generation embroidery machine EverSewn Sparrow X is a great machine for home business.
You can control this machine with your mobile phone by using their free app. The machine comes with built-in wifi on it. By using the wifi you can connect this with your phone by download their free app.
From the app, you can edit your designs, resize those. You can also import your own custom designs with the app.
This machine will save you time because you don’t need to stay in front of it while it’s doing the embroidery work. You can see all the status on their app. You’ll get the chance to select the next color, the next design.
Also, it will inform you about the time remaining for the work. The machine has 100 designs built-in on it and 120 stitches designs. You’ll get enough options to work with. You can also use this machine for sewing.
7. Brother PE550D Disney Edition Embroidery Machine- Professional
Brother PE550D Disney Edition embroidery machine is a collaboration from Brother and Disney. With this machine, you’ll get 45 Disney character embroidery designs built-in.
The machine comes with a 3.2-inch color display on it. The display has some Disney graphics on it that gives it a beautiful look.
You can preview your designs in the display, can change the color of the threads from the color pallet.
The machine has a 4 x 4 inches working area. The area is not large. This machine comes with 125 embroidery designs built-in including 45 Disney designs.
Also, you can import designs by using the USB port. The company gives 6 letter fonts to use. This machine has an auto needle threading feature on it.
Besides 45 Disney Characters, you can download more characters and designs from the Disney website but you have to buy them first.
8. Brother LB5000M Marvel Edition Sewing Machine
If you’re a fan of Marvel and Avengers than this embroidery machine can attract you. This comes with awesome faceplates of Marvel on the body. There’re 4 faceplates you’ll get including Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, and Avengers.
You can easily change those. This machine comes with a 3.7inches colorful display that is a touch screen. From it, you can preview your designs, can edit the colors of the embroidery designs.
The workspace it has is 4×4 inches. That is not so big. This is a 2-in-1 machine, can do sewing and embroidery too.
Therefore, this machine includes 100 embroidery designs. But 80 of those are built-in, 10 of those are free downloadable and 10 marvel designs you have to buy.
You’ll get all the instructions in the manual. This machine also has an auto needle threading function. It has 103 built-in sewing stitches to choose from. The machine also has a USB port to import designs.
Tips for Choosing The Best Embroidery Machine
Choosing an embroidery machine is not something simple since they’re much more complex machines than sewing machines (the computer complication they’ve that can sometimes be quite complicated) but it’s advisable to look at several aspects that should be taken into account:
- Embroidery design should be as simple as possible so that it can be used easily since some models have “complicated” ergonomics since they seem to leave everything to the computer. It’s not very frequent, but it must be taken into account.
- The embroidery space is almost the most important. It has to be as spacious and large as possible (minimum 15cmX15cm). Spacious so you can move and manipulate large fabrics without problems so you can work comfortably.
- If it’s a combined sewing and embroidery machine, the embroidery arm must be easily removed so that you can turn the embroidery machine into one of easy sewing.
- The amount of embroidery available should be large enough to have a sufficient variety (although we can then buy additional embroidery programs that allow us to create our own designs). It’s also important to note that at least you have a couple of different typefaces to be able to use from the start.
- Since the computer has increasing weight, see if it has a USB port to insert a Pendrive in which to send to the machine custom designs made with our own creativity.
- How is the touch screen? That is large enough to see the numbers well and that is simple to use, with clear and easy instructions.
- What extras does it bring? The extras of the machine are important because if not then we’ll have to buy them separately: Here I leave you an example list of extras of the Quantum Stylist that covers more or less all the minimum: thread trimmer, automatic thread tension, adjustable speed, etc.
Buying Guide When Buying a Embroidery Machine
If you’re looking for an embroidery machine for your home business or already have some bad experience of buying before then our buyer’s guide can help you by giving some helpful tips.
Before buying any embroidery machine please check these points first.
The Size of The Machine
Before buying a machine first check do you have space on your home for that machine? Always select the machine that will fit your space. So, it will not a problem for you after purchasing.
How to Select the Best Machine?
Here comes the important part for you. Choosing the best machine for you is depends on so many things.
But choosing from our list will not take you wrong. First, you need to set your requirements. Then check which one of the models suits your needs most. Go for that.
Using the Machine
Using an embroidery machine is not so hard to work. You’ll get all the instructions in the manual. But we’re going to share some tips for you. First, you need to put the cloth on the workspace of the machine and set it with the frame that comes with the machine.
Select the embroidery design on the screen, select the stitching style then start the work. You can always import your designs with a Pendrive. The file format should be .pes or .psc for the machines.
To keep running a machine you need to do maintenance of that machine. For an embroidery machine, it’s so important.
You need to change the needle from time to time. While using the machine you’ll need to connect it with electricity to use the display of the machine. Some machine has the charging option also. For that, you’ll need to charge the battery of that machine.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):
Q: How much a good embroidery machine for your home business costs?
A good embroidery machine for your home business starts from 300-400$ range. It can go up to 800-900$ as you go up for the features. The industrial machines cost more than 6000$.
Q: Do the embroidery business is good to start from home?
If you want to do a home business than embroidery can be a good option for you. If it was not profitable we would not write this article for you. It’s a profitable business because the supplements of this business are cheap.
Q: Do I need any design skills to start the business?
No, you don’t need any extra design skills to start the embroidery business. You’ll get built-in designs in the machine. If you need extra designs you can hire someone online to design that for you at a cheap price.
Whether embroidery is your hobby or you want to start a business in this you can go with the listed machines we’ve reviewed. These machines are a good choice for home and small businesses and for a new start. We hope, our embroidery machines for home business review helped you to make your decision. You can take our selections in your considerations.
Let us know which machine you’ll buy or any past experience with any of these machines.