A few months ago I decided to put the carpet in my room since I considered it to be a very cold place. At first, the carpet looked amazing and made all the details in my bedroom shine, but over time, what was once a WHITE carpet, now looked GRAY and old.
So I went to investigate tricks to dry clean carpets to make them like new, take note!
learn more about how to make dry carpet cleaner
1. Begin by vacuuming the carpet to remove all dust and accumulated dirt.
2. In a container, place coarse salt and half a cup of warm water. The idea is that a whitish paste is formed, so if you don't have salt at home you can help yourself with SODIUM BICARBONATE.
3. Put the paste on your carpet and let it dry for several hours.
4. After a while, with the help of the brush, begin to carve to remove the stains and dirt.
5. Subsequently, sprinkle baking soda and leave to act for 30 minutes.
6. Vacuum the carpet again and you're done.
If your carpet has FURNITURE BRANDS, the best remedy is ice cubes, since you'll only have to scrape them in the dark areas and let them melt and voila, you'll see how the indentations are completely gone.
- Vacuum the carpet or mat once a week.
- Once you've noticed that the carpet has stains, act immediately and clean the stain.
- If a chewing gum has stuck, put an ice on top to harden it and remove it easily.
- Don't forget to maintain them a couple of times a year so they always look clean and perfect.
If you take these tips into account I assure you that your rugs will always look great.
How to clean your carpet with homemade cleaner products
Do you know how to clean your carpet with homemade products, saving money, and helping the environment? We'll explain it to you, along with some other grandmother tricks.
Perhaps rugs have not been so popular in recent years, they're not even easy to maintain, but carpet lovers and those who have chosen them for their home know very well how precise and meticulous cleaning is. Although the rugs are very nice, cozy, and soft, unfortunately, they tend to retain dust, crumbs, hair, and a lot of dirt in general, so they must be cleaned regularly so that dirt doesn't accumulate, with a thorough cleaning at least once a year.
Let's take a closer look at how to maintain and clean carpets in order to preserve them and ensure perfect hygiene throughout the home.
A good idea is to clean the rugs at least once or twice a week. After carefully vacuuming it completely, we'll clean it with 100% natural methods.
All you need is baking soda, sprayed on the surface of the mat to let it sit for a few hours, and then remove it with the help of the vacuum cleaner. Without toxic chemical detergents or bleaches - tired of eliminating after washing, unsafe for health, and unpleasant for our sense of smell - it's a "dry cleaning" that will give us very good results. For tough stains, you can try using a soft cloth soaked in warm water and alcohol.
Deeper cleaning of carpet
At least once a year it's important to clean the carpet more thoroughly. The homemade detergent that you'll need you'll do with:
- 1 liter of water.
- 1/2 glass of denatured alcohol.
- 1 glass of white vinegar.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and place it in an empty clean spray bottle. If the carpet has coffee, ink, wine, beer stains, use carbonated water and increase the amount of vinegar in the detergent. Difficult or dry stains such as blood, lipstick, or wine can be cleaned with a cloth soaked in white vinegar, rinsing with warm water.
Finally, a very effective natural method to remove grease stains from carpets: if the stain is fresh, we can quickly clean with corn or rice starch to absorb it quickly, using a cloth brush to remove it. This trick is recommended for cleaning carpets and other decorative fabrics, such as curtains.