Hi there, how are you doing today? Welcome to our top ten best fabric waterproofing sprays reviews & buying guide.
Waterproofing spray is an ideal product to protect your outdoor fabric, outdoor & camping gear, clothes, shoes, bags, and more from the water and stains. If you often like going camping, working, walking, or doing anything outside: the waterproof spray is the perfect product for you.
You can apply waterproof products on your different types of fabric, clothes, bags, shoes, and more to save them from stains and water damage. The waterproofing products not only save your outdoor gears but also keep you dry and turn on.
There’re different types of fabric waterproofing spray available on the market for different types of fabric and gear. Our research team researched 50+ products. After that, we made a list of the ten waterproof sprays for clothes, fabric, shoes, and other outdoor gears.
So, if you are looking for the waterproofing spray for outdoor fabric, clothes, and camping & outdoor gears. You can read the product review section and then purchase one from our list.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Fabric Waterproofing Sprays Reviews
- 1. RUST-OLEUM 278146 Rust-Oleum Neverwet Outdoor Fabric Waterproofing Spray
- 2. 303 Fabric Guard Waterproofing Spray
- 3. Scotchgard Water and Sun Screen Waterproofing Sprays
- 4. Star Brite Waterproofing Spray
- 5. Atsko Silicone Water-Guard Spray
- 6. Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent
- 7. KIWI Boot Protector Waterproofing Spray
- 8. Simple Shine Premium Water Spray Repellent
- 9. Nikwax TX.Direct Waterproofing Spray
- 10. Bickmore Gard-More Fabric Waterproof Spray
- Best Fabric Waterproof Sprays – Buying Guide
- Frequently Question Answer:
Our Top 5 Best Waterproofing Spray
- RUST-OLEUM 280886 NeverWet Spray
- 303 Fabric Guard Waterproofing Spray
- Scotchgard Water & Sunscreen Spray
- Star Brite Waterproof Spray
- Atsko Silicone Water-Guard Spray
Top 10 Best Fabric Waterproofing Sprays Reviews
1. RUST-OLEUM 278146 Rust-Oleum Neverwet Outdoor Fabric Waterproofing Spray
The RUST-OLEUM 278146 Rust-Oleum Neverwet Outdoor Fabric Spray is a top-rated water repellent spray that can protect outdoor fabrics like canvas, polyester, and cotton/poly blends from the damage caused by water.
Also, this fabric waterproofing spray is ideal for use on leather, suede, and more. It is a crystal clear & silicone-free solution that will not change the appearance or feel of the fabric.
The RUST-OLEUM 278146 Rust-Oleum comes in a spray bottle that is super easy to use. When it comes to using it on your items: Spray it on your items, and then leave your items 24 hours for drying. You can use this spray on shoes, patio furniture, apparel, camping gear, and more.
However, this single bottle can cover up to 20-60 sq. ft, depending on the fabric type. Keep in your mind: it is not for interior carpet or upholstery, So please don’t use it on your indoor carpet & upholstery.
- RUST-OLEUM is designed to protect footwear made out of any textile
- It is a crystal clear formula that is scent and harmful chemical-free
- Protects the fabric from water, mud, ice, and other stains
- Doesn’t change the fabric color or feel
- Made in the USA
- You have to wait 24 hours to dry after application
- Not recommended for indoor carpet & upholstery
Next Read: Top 3 Perfect fabric stiffeners
2. 303 Fabric Guard Waterproofing Spray
303 Fabric guard is one of the unique and popular waterproofing products available on the market that you can use on your fabric to keep your fabric safe from water damage and looking new. It protects your fabric against water-based and oil-based stains and ideal for use on both synthetic and natural fiber fabrics.
This 303 Marine Fabric Guard spray doesn’t change the fabric color, feel, or breathability. You can use it on your outdoor fabric, leather seats, boat covers, fabric awnings, fabric convertible tops, Dacron sails, patio cushions/pillows, drapes, umbrellas, and more.
The 303 Marine Fabric Guard spray comes in a spray bottle that makes it super easy to use: you can spray it on fabric and let your fabric dry completely.
However, it is available in 16 oz, 32oz, 32fl oz 6-pack, 128 fl oz, 128 fl oz 4-pack, and has 1.2k user reviews on Amazon. So, if you’re searching for a waterproof spray for both synthetic or natural fabric: you can purchase this 303 Marine Fabric Guard.
- It protects garments product against water & oil-based stains
- You can use it on a wide variety of fabrics
- Safe for natural and synthetic fibers
- It doesn’t change the fabric color, feel, flammability or breathability
- Super easy to use
- Available in different sizes
- It takes up to 12 hours to dry after application
Next Read: Top 5 Clothes freshener sprays
3. Scotchgard Water and Sun Screen Waterproofing Sprays
This Scotchgard product protects the fabric from color fading by blocking out harmful UVA and UVB rays. It provides excellent water repellency to outdoor fabrics, leather, and suede: But it is not recommended for use on indoor fabrics, leather, or suede.
The single can is perfect enough for up to 60 square feet of light fabrics and up to 20 square feet of heavy fabric. It is an ideal fabric waterproofing spray for patio furniture, patio umbrellas, grill covers, tarps, flags, awnings, boat covers, spa covers, auto covers, and more as well. It dries clear & odorless and doesn’t change the fabric color.
However, this product is inexpensive than other products. This Scotchgard water repellent product has almost 7k+ customer reviews on Amazon, and 80% of reviews are five out of five. Overall, it is one of the best water repellent sprays for fabric on the market.
- Ideal for all types of fabric
- It maintains breathability
- One coat application and water-based formula
- Protects against color fading and UVA & UVB rays
- Resists yellowing
- It dries quickly
- Over-applied may leave stains
- Slight darkening effect
Next Read: Top 10 Laundry stain removers
4. Star Brite Waterproofing Spray
If you’re searching for a waterproofing product for a variety of materials & fabric, then you can go for this Star Brite spray. It’s a top-rated water repellent spray: you can use it on your boat covers, car covers, sail covers, tents, jackets, patio covers, backpacks, and shoes.
It is safe for all outdoor gear plus marine fabric. It will make your items waterproof without changing the breathability, color, and feel of the materials. It comes in a 1-gallon container, and the 1-gallon container can cover up to 465 square feet.
However, this waterproofing solution gives us powerful performance and makes the fabric waterproof. This particular Star Brite waterproofing product is 1-gallon, but it also available in a 22 oz spray bottle and 64-ounce. Also, this Star Brite waterproofing product has more than 4k user reviews on Amazon. So, if you like it, you can go for it.
- It protects fabrics against water, oil, stains, and UV rays
- This product does not change the breathability, color, or feel of the fabric
- Made in the USA
- Ideal for outdoor fabrics and safe to use
- 1-gallon provides up to 465 square feet of coverage
- It’s a Marine-grade waterproofing product
- Not suitable for all fabrics and may be aggressive to use on natural fibers
Next Read: Top 10 Permanent fabric glues
5. Atsko Silicone Water-Guard Spray
The Silicone water-guard spray by Atsko is yet another best waterproof spray. It is one of the perfect fabric waterproofing spray for outerwear, footwear, tents, sleeping bags, and suede. Some user says that it is one of the best shoe waterproof sprays, it works well on shoes & boots.
It is one of the best choices for those campers who want to waterproof their tents, sleeping bags, shoes, boots, and more. To make your items waterproof with this particular product, shake it well and then spray it on your items, and allow your items to dry completely: some user says that multiple coats needed. It takes 24 hours for drying, and your items will be odorless & fully cured after 72 hours.
However, some user says they use it on balance sneakers, jackets, straw hats, fabric hats, handbags, backpacks, and more, and they are happy with this product. This Atsko Silicone Water-Guard Spray has lots of positive feedback on Amazon: it has 2k+ user reviews, and 75% of user reviews are five out of five.
- Heavy-duty for outdoor garments
- Maintains breathability and added UV block protection
- Restores old damage and back to their former factory water vibrancy and repellency
- Can be used on canvas
- Takes up to 24 hours to dry, and 74 hours for using
- Multiple coats needed
Next Read: Top 15 Fabric markers for t shirts
6. Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent
The Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent is yet another top-rated fabric waterproofing spray right now on the market. You can use it on many types of items: including tents, tarps, boots, hunting apparel, outdoor gear, boat covers, and patio furniture, and more. Also, It is safe to use on leather.
With this spray, you may need to go for multiple coatings, but once dried: it provides heavy-duty protection. It doesn’t any negative customer reviews. It is an ideal product for waterproofing hunting coats, boots, and boot covers.
The Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent is super easy to use. For using it, start with dry & clean items. After that, hold the can/bottle upright 7 to 10 feet away from your material, and then spray it a light, even coat.
If you want a high-quality result, then apply a second coat: after the first coat, wait 4 hours, and then go for the second coat. Before you use or wear your items, make sure to wait at least 24 to 48 hours.
- Heavy-duty and designed for outdoor items
- Works well on leather
- Maintains breathability and long-lasting
- Provides a water barrier to repel water
- Ideal for tent, boots, boat covers, clothing, outdoor furniture, and more
- Darken certain fabrics
- Must stay ventilated from fumes
7. KIWI Boot Protector Waterproofing Spray
If you are searching for a boot and shoe waterproofing spray, then this KIWI Boot waterproofing protector is an ideal product for you. It’s a silicone-based spray that works well on work, hunting, hiking, and other outdoor boots and shoes.
With this product, you can waterproof all types of footwear made of leather and fabric. Before using it on your footwear, you need to test a small area to make sure that it works well. When it is dried, your footwear will be odorless & cured.
After using it on your boots or shoes, you need to wait 24 hours for drying your shoes or boots, and you have to wait four hours for the second coats. However, 67% of users are happy with this boot spray, so if you like it, you can go for it.
- It’s an exclusive silicone formula spray that works well on fabric & leather
- Ideal for work, hunting, hiking shoes, and boots
- No smell when dry and cure
- Still allows the material to breathe
- Darken certain leather
8. Simple Shine Premium Water Spray Repellent
The Simple Shine Premium Water Spray Repellent is a stain & fabric waterproofing spray that will make your fabric & leather waterproof and also keeps fabric & leather looking fantastic. It doesn’t change the color and can be used on all colors of fabric & leather.
You can use it on your shoes, bags, furniture, auto interiors, and more. It will save you fabric & leather from the damage of water, salt, oil, dirt, rain, mud, and other dirt and grime.
The Simple Shine Premium Water Spray Repellent is super easy & safe to use. Once you have used it on your items, please make sure to dry your items completely. However, it made in the USA and safe to use. So, if you like this Simple Shine Premium Water Spray Repellent, you can try it.
- It will dry clear and dries without residue-free
- Made for premium leather products
- Don’t change the product color after applying
- It’s a completely waterproof solution and stain repellent
- Made in the USA
- Some user says poor quality and don’t work 100%
9. Nikwax TX.Direct Waterproofing Spray
If you are looking for water repellency or water repellent spray for your waterproof outerwear, such as rain jackets, ski jackets, and synthetic sleeping bags, then this Nikwax TX. Direct Spray is the best option for you.
It’s a water-based fabric waterproofing spray that is biodegradable, contains no PFCs, VOCs, optical brighteners, or added scent, and the product is the perfect choice for use on technical clothing, synthetic sleeping bags, rain jackets, ski jackets, GORE-TEX, Patagonia, North Face, Columbia, Arc’teryx, and more.
However, it is super easy to use and safe for you & your all outdoor waterproof outerwear: rain jackets, ski jackets, synthetic sleeping bags, and other clothing.
- It is more effective than the other similar products
- It is environmentally friendly
- Perfect for outwear garments
- Recommended for a variety of waterproof synthetic fabrics
- It is a water-based formula and easy to use at home
- Pungent immediately after application
10. Bickmore Gard-More Fabric Waterproof Spray
This Bickmore Gard-More Fabric Waterproofing Spray is our last pick, but it is one of the perfect sprays for boots, shoes, hats, coats, tack, jackets, shells, gloves, furniture, luggage, car upholstery, boat seats, and more.
It protects your shoes, boots, and clothes against dirt, water & stains. The spray allows the material to breathe, keeps them flexible and looking nice. Therefore, this Bickmore Gard-More Fabric Waterproof Spray made in the USA.
However, it is yet another top-rated product that has 2k+ reviews on Amazon, and 78% of user reviews are five out of five. Overall, if you want a high-quality waterproofing product for clothing, footwear, hats, jackets & more, then you can check this product.
- Protect from water, dirt, and stains
- Easy to use and maintains breathability
- The bottle comes with a non-aerosol spray application
- The light spray dries quickly for use in a variety of products
- Making a unique protective layer any scuffs or rub-offs
- Somewhat more expensive than other repelling products
Best Fabric Waterproof Sprays – Buying Guide
Already we made the top 10 fabric waterproofing product list and we have reviewed them as well. Now here, we talk few things about fabric waterproofing spray so that you can learn more and you can select the best product.
Things to Consider When You Buying Waterproof Sprays:
Material Types: This is one of the most important things to check when purchasing a fabric waterproofing spray. The wrong spray could damage your items. So, always fo for a product that is ideal for your item’s materials.
Odorless: If you are not fans of strong odors (like me), you can read the product description and then go for an odorless product.
Breathability: You must try to select a spray that doesn’t affect the breathability of the material.
Flexibility: Flexibility is yet another important thing to look at when purchasing a waterproof spray. Always go for a flexible spray.
Toxic-Free: If you have pets or children at home, or if you don’t like a product that contains toxic, then pick a non toxic waterproof spray.
Biodegradable: When choosing a waterproofing product, don’t forget about the environment. Always go for a Biodegradable product.
Easy to Use: Always select a fabric waterproofing product that is easy to use. Use to use waterproof spray will save your time.
Frequently Question Answer:
Will My Shoes be Waterproof After Using The Protective Spray?
Not completely. Protective shoe sprays will provide a layer that repels water from its surface, but it won’t last forever and has to be retouched from time to time.
How Long Should I Wait After Applying The Spray to Wear My Shoes?
The shoe must be completely dry for use. Some product takes 24-74 hours for drying. So, letting them dry overnight should be sufficient time.
Do I Need to Use an Applicator Brush?
Not necessary because most of the waterproofing product comes in a spray bottle. If not comes in a spray bottle, buy a spray bottle and use it with a spray bottle because the spraying method is easy.
After few days of hard work, we provide you this review. Now we hope you can easily select the fabric waterproofing spray for outdoor fabric, clothes, camping gears, boots, shoes, and more.
But before you select a product, make sure that ideal for your materials. Thank you so much for visiting this post: see you soon with another review content. Thank You!